Terrance “Rick” Harris began his legal career in 1991. For the first part of his professional career, Rick served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Arizona, providing legal services and counsel to state agencies. Rick joined Ramsden, Marfice, Ealy & Harris, LLP (then Ramsden & Lyons, LLP) in 2001.
Rick enjoys working with local businesses in all phases of the business cycle, from starting a new business to the sale or dissolution of an established business and everything in between. He takes a common sense approach to advising business owners and managers with an eye toward growing their businesses and resolving their legal issues while minimizing risk.
Rick also handles a variety of real estate matters. He assists clients who want to acquire, develop, lease or sell property. Rick can also help with property issues involving easements, boundary disputes, trespasses or HOA disputes.
Rick represents clients in civil litigation related to business disputes, real estate disputes, commercial disputes and professional liability defense. He has participated in a number of trials and appeals both in state and federal court. Rick also has extensive experience representing clients in alternative dispute resolution forums such as arbitrations and mediations.
- Business Law
- Corporate Law
- Commercial Law
- Real Estate Law
- Mining Law
- Civil Litigation
- Professional Liability Defense
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Idaho State Bar
- Washington State Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- First District Bar Association
- Idaho State Bar -- Business & Corporate Law Section
- Gonzaga Law Review, Past Associate Editor
- United States Air Force, Honorable Discharge, 1983-1990
- Washington (Inactive)
- Arizona (Inactive)
- U.S. District Court, District of Idaho, 1996
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2008
HONORS & AWARDS
- AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, Washington
- Juris Doctor, 1991
- Graduated summa cum laude
- Eastern Washington University, Cheney, Washington
- Bachelor of Arts, 1987
- Major: Business Administration